September 19, 2011

Cardboard Night Table that looks like a washing machine.

The idea comes from, needed a night table but didn't know what design to make until I saw my washing machine. why not?...This took me 3 days, 6 double ply  120x80 cm cardboard from IKEA, one news paper, 500ml of vinyl glue, and 400ml of white paint. The upper part is a draw, and the lower part is a storage place. The door is just decorative and useless, it's removable. The size of the night table is 40x40x50cm.






  Over the skeleton I glue two pieces of cardboard on each side to give it strength. 


 
The draw is build after so I can make better mesure than theoretical.
Then I glue the news paper all over with white glue and water.



















And then I paint it in white, the circular inside in black, and make a freestyle in the draw.




It's really steady, the top can hole a lot of weight, You could sit on it but you would flatten and deform the top ply. And if it get wet it will be destroyed, but it's really light.

No comments:

Post a Comment